Focus and Scope
JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi, is a community service journal as a medium of communication and information on community service in a broad sense, environment and natural resources.
Paper topics that can be published in JAST are as follows:
1. Small and Medium Enterprises (UKM) or community economic empowerment
2. Application of Bioenergy Technology
3. Environmental Management
4. Natural Resource Processing
5. Workshop and Training for the community
JAST is published twice a year every June and December, published by UNITRI PRESS - University of Tribhuwana Tunggadewi Malang. This journal is to motivate researchers, academics, professionals and students related to the above field of service. The article manuscript received is the result of community service that has never been published.
The author can enter the article script by doing an online submission. The author must prepare an article manuscript in accordance with the instructions given at the Author Guidelines before conducting an online submission. The articles that are submitted will be reviewed and evaluated based on originality, technical research, and relevance to journal contributions.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
The submitted manuscript is first reviewed by an editor and must be free from plagiarism contents, the maximum limit of similarity is 20%. The submitted manuscript will be evaluated, whether it is suitable for our focus and scope or has a major methodological flaw.
Every submitted paper will be reviewed by a peer-reviewer. Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double-blind review method).
Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references. The suggested decision will be evaluated in an editorial board meeting. Reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses, hopefully in 2 weeks.
JAST published regularly twice a year in Juni and Desember
Acceptance notification : 1–2 months from submission date
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi is a peer-reviewed journal. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher (UNITRI PRESS - Universitas Tribhuwana Tunggadewi Malang). This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi journal is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher and the society.
UNITRI PRESS as publisher of JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, Publisher and Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful and necessary.
The editor of the JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.
Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest
Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties of Authors
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behaviour and are unacceptable.
Data Access and Retention
Authors are asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access to such data (consistent with the ALPSP-STM Statement on Data and Databases), if practicable, and should in any event be prepared to retain such data for a reasonable time after publication.
Originality and Plagiarism
The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper, and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or other substantive conflict of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Ayu Chandra Kartika Fitri
Editor in Chief of JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi
Plagiarism Includes But is Not Limited to:
- Refer and/or quoting terms, words and/or sentences, data and/or information from a source without citing sources in the record citation and/or without stating the source adequately;
- Refer and/or quoting random terms, words and/or sentences, data and/or information from a source without citing a source in the record citation and/or without stating the source adequately;
- Using a source of ideas, opinions, views, or theory without stating the source adequately;
- Formulate the words and/or sentences themselves from the source of words and/or phrases, ideas, opinions, views, or theory without stating the source adequately;
- Submit a scientific papers produced and/or published by others as a source of scientific work without express adequately.
JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi will ensure that every published article will not exceed 20% similarity score. Plagiarism screening will be conducted using Plagiarism Checker X
- Letter of warning;
- Revocation of the article;
- Cancellation of publication.
To every article submitted to JAST : Jurnal Aplikasi Sains dan Teknologi, Citation and Reference are written according to the IEEE reference style. The references shall be ordered based on alphabetical and chronological order. We recommend to use reference manager application such as Mendeley
Manuscript withdrawal is strongly discouraged, it is waste of valuable resources that publisher put. If author still requests withdrawal of their manuscript, following guidelines has to be followed
- Manuscript withdrawal will be permitted only for the most compelling and unavoidable reasons. It is unacceptable to withdraw a manuscript from a journal because it is being accepted by another journal;
- Author should submitting a request to editorial office as a letter that signed by all authors stating the full cause that led to the step of manuscript withdrawal;
- In a case where a manuscript has taken more than six months time for review process, publishers allows the author to withdraw manuscript without paying any charges;
- If the manuscript is still in peer-reviewed process, author have to pay 500.000 (IDR) per manuscript as a penalty of withdrawal;
- If the manuscript is already accepted for publication, author have to pay 1.000.000 (IDR) per manuscript as a penalty of withdrawal;
- If author don't agree to pay the penalty, the author and his/her affiliation will be blacklisted for publication in this journal;
- Authors must not assume that their manuscript has been withdrawn until they have received appropriate notification to this effect from the editorial office.
GUIDELINE FOR ONLINE SUBMISSON
Author should first register as Author HERE. The author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on "Register" button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on "New Submission". In the Start a New Submission section, click on "Click Here: to go to step one of the five-step submission process". The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Author must check-mark on the submission checklists and agree with JAST copyright notice by check-mark on the copyright notice checklist. Then, click "Save and Continue"
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click "Browse" on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx) to be submitted, then click "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded. Do not upload cover letter and other supplementary files here. Then, click "Save and Continue"
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords. Then, click "Save and Continue"
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: If you have any supplementary files, click on "Browse" button, choose the files, and then click on "Upload" button. This step is an optional, if you dont have any supplemetary files, simply click "Save and Continue".
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Reka Buana Journal, click "Finish Submission" button after the documents are correct.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes a status of manuscript review and editorial process.
If you encountered trouble please contact us thru [email protected] or contact 085797094724
Order Journal Hardcopy
To order journal hardcopy, send text message/whatsapp to 085797094724 or sent an email to [email protected] with subject order journal hardcopy, using the format below:
Volume — Issues — Quantity — Name — Full Address
Example: Vol 1 — No. 1-2 — 2 eksemplar tiap nomor — Haryo Utomo — Jl. Sukatani, RT 2, RW 5. Klojen, Malang, Jawa Timur, 65200
We will reply your message as soon as possible. You may pay by Bank Transfer with amount of IDR. 250.000. This amount including 1 book of print journal, DOI, plagiarism checker (3 times) and shipping cost
Need help? please do not hesitate to contact us